COVID-19 omicron variant: 5 things you need to know
By Walgreens Sep 27, 2022 • 1 min.
- The omicron variant of COVID-19 is now the most common strain of COVID-19 spreading in the United States.
- Studies have shown that the omicron variant spreads from person to person more easily than earlier versions of COVID-19.
- The COVID-19 vaccines available today offer good protection against omicron, significantly reducing the chance of severe illness, hospitalization or death from COVID-19.
- COVID-19 booster shots can offer increased protection, and the CDC has expanded eligibility for boosters to those age 12 and older.
- It's quick and easy to get vaccinated or boosted. To schedule an appointment, visit Walgreens.com/ScheduleVaccine.
Clinically reviewed and updated March 2022.