Asian chicken salad
Jul 26, 2022 • 15 min
With only 9 grams of carbohydrates and 4 grams of fiber per serving, you can fill up on this salad’s delicious flavors. Crunchy cabbage fills out the bowl and provides a change-up from plain lettuce. Best of all, it’s nutritionally balanced.
- 9 oz romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1 cup cabbage (shredded)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds (toasted)
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds (divided use)
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast (diced)
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
In a medium bowl, mix cabbage, lettuce, almonds, 1 tbsp sesame seeds, and chicken.
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, and oil.
Pour dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Top with remaining 1 tsp sesame seeds and red pepper flakes.
Serving Size: 2 cups
Amount per serving
Total Fat 15g; Saturated Fat 2g; Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 9g; Dietary Fiber 4g; Total Sugars 3g; Added Sugars 0g
Adapted from diabetesfoodhub.org