Jul 23, 2022 • 10 min
For lunch, why not ditch the sandwich-and-chips routine and try this satisfying salad instead? It’s a good source of fiber and other nutrients, without the high carb count. Turkey and cheese harmonize with rich olives and artichoke hearts, on a bed of fresh veggies to keep your taste buds happy while eating healthy.
- 10 oz chopped romaine lettuce
- 8 oz deli turkey (cut into strips)
- 2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese (cut into 1/2-inch strips)
- ¼ cup green olives (pitted and chopped)
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 jarred roasted red peppers (cut into 1/2-inch strips)
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- shallots (minced)
- canned artichoke hearts
In a salad bowl, toss together lettuce, turkey, cheeses, olives, tomatoes, red peppers and artichoke hearts.
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, mustard, pepper, and shallots. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
Serving Size: 2 cups
Amount per serving
Total Fat 11g; Saturated Fat 2.5g; Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 9g; Dietary Fiber 3g; Total Sugars 5g