Vegan Thanksgiving dish: Harvest garden salad
May 17, 2022 • 30 min
- 2 cups chopped baby kale
- 1 cup uncooked, rinse & drained tri-color quinoa
- 1 cup cubed & roasted butternut squash
- 1 diced apple
- 1 thinly sliced green onion
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (not pancake syrup)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
Step 1: Boil water
Boil 2 cups of salt water, then add quinoa.
Step 2: Cook quinoa
Cover and cook quinoa on low heat until all water is absorbed (about 15 minutes).
Step 3: Prepare dressing
Remove from heat. While quinoa cools to room temperature, prepare dressing. Combine vinagrette ingredients and set aside.
Step 4: Combine
Combine salad ingredients in a large serving bowl.
Step 5: Serve & enjoy
Add vinaigrette, salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.